Monday

I9000XWJW5 Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack rolled out part 2

Another Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread value pack firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 now rolled out in European countries again. The firmware build number I9000XWJW5 that was recently released in Czech Republic and Slovakia few days ago are now also push out in The Netherlands, Portugal and Switzerland. Probably, other countries will follow soon, and only a matter of days ahead for each country to receive the said "Value Pack" firmware as promised by Samsung for the Galaxy S2 users.

To those who doesn't know yet what is the "value pack" update. It is the final version of Android firmware to be given on Samsung Galaxy S2 for it is not upgradable to ICS 4.0. The Value pack contains some features of the Ice Cream Sandwich like the Face Unlock, Photo editor and much more added apps.

Countries recently receives the I9000XWJW5:
Netherlands XEN - I9000XWJW5/I9000XENJV6/I9000XXJW4 (Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack)
Netherlands (KPN) - I9000XWJW5/I9000KPNJV6/I9000XXJW4 (Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack)
Portugal (TPH) -  I9000XWJW5/I9000OXXJVC/I9000XXJW4 (Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack)
Switzerland AUT - I9000XWJW5/I9000OXXJVC/I9000XXJW4 (Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack)

Samsung Galaxy S upgraded to I9000XWJW5 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack (screenshots)
Samsung Galaxy S value pak I9000XWJW5 firmware upgrade ss1
Samsung Galaxy S value pak I9000XWJW5 firmware upgrade ss2
Samsung Galaxy S value pak I9000XWJW5 firmware upgrade ss3
 Here's a recap of 2.3.6 Value Pack firmware features: 
* Face Unlock like from Galaxy Nexus
* Photo Editor like from Galaxy S2
* Lockscreen like from Galaxy Note
* Improved Camera App
* Ability to take picture while taking videos
* Fast auto-rotation response
* New Lockscreen sounds
* Enhanced stock browser
* Smoother and faster Gallery 3D
* Higher FPS rate in 3D
* Minor changes in the UI
* New Kernel with large RAM (Total RAM: 364)
* Galaxy S2 ICS Lockscreen
* TouchWiz 4 integrated
* Improvements in the interface of the camera + can now take pictures while recording a video
* Auto-rotation is faster (from vertical to horizontal)
* Improvements in speed
* Improved performance of GPU
* Some applications of Google updated

You can grab the I9000XWJW5 original stock ROM here from our previous post.

2 comments:

  1. terrible update... battery lasts 4 hours, wifi on/off constantly, google servives and OS keep phone awake all the time... reinstalled 3x did change anything, so it's the update that is buggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello download the version value pack 2.3.6 English is official and it works fine but since I am Italian is multilingual okay well maybe you

    ReplyDelete